(Jerusalem, Israel) — As tensions with Iran spike, and the White House prepares to roll out its long-awaited Middle East peace plan, the Secret Service is forced to deal with growing concerns that radical jihadists are plotting to assassinate the American President.
Such is the premise of my forthcoming political thriller, The Jerusalem Assassin, which releases on March 17th. Yet oddly it also seems to be the stuff of this week’s headlines.
Here’s the latest….
- Tensions spike in Iran as ayatollahs test Trump (The Australian)
- As tensions spike with Iran, a look at how we got here (Military Times)
WHITE HOUSE PEACE PLAN
- Israeli officials believe U.S. may release peace plan before election (Axios)
- Trump’s peace plan is on the way: Is Israel ready? — Analysis (Jerusalem Post)
- New US Middle East envoy visits Israel to discuss peace plan (Israel Hayom)
- Donald Trump tweets that he’ll ‘strike back’ in a ‘disproportionate manner’ if Iran hits any US targets after Tehran put an $80m bounty on his head, threatened the White House and tore up nuclear deal (UK Daily Mail)
- Soleimani funeral procession eulogist puts prize on Trump’s head (Al-Arabiya)
- Iran threatens to bomb the White House, assassinate Donald Trump (Israel National News)
- Iran ‘offers $80 million bounty for Donald Trump’ (Gulf News)
- Comedian George Lopez under fire for Instagram joke about $80 million bounty for Trump’s head (Newsweek)
- Secret Service ‘aware’ of George Lopez’s joke about Iranian bounty on President Trump — Lopez’s comment sparked backlash, with some calling for the comedian to be arrested. (WUSA-Channel 9 News, Washington)
The Jerusalem Assassin follows former U.S. Secret Service agent Marcus Ryker as he and his team are deployed to the Middle East to hunt down and neutralize those threatening to kill the President and sink the White House peace plan.
It’s pure fiction, recent headlines notwithstanding. Let’s just pray none of it comes true.
- To pre-order my next thriller, THE JERUSALEM ASSASSIN, please click here.
- To buy copies of THE PERSIAN GAMBLE in paperback, please click here.
This article originally appeared on Joel’s blog on reposted with permission.