Encouraging and equipping healthcare workers in Israel
Healthcare Believers Fellowship (HBF) is the fellowship of believers in Yeshua working in the healthcare professions and institutions in Israel. It was established in 2012 after Philippe Seguin, an Israeli Registered Nurse, heard the cry of doctors and nurses working in the hospitals in Jerusalem.
HBF is first about people! Believing healthcare workers often feel very lonely and under attack at their workplace; and they are unaware that other believers are working in the same health institution. They also often feel unequipped to give « total care » (body-soul-spiritual care) to their patients and to share who they are, as believers, with their colleagues.
HBF was created to raise up a generation of Christian/Messianic healthcare professionals and workers to be light and salt at their workplaces. HBF teaches that the places we are working in are our mission fields.
In HBF meetings, there is a mixture of doctors, nurses, paramedical professionals, maintenance workers, cleaners, orderlies, social workers, medical secretaries, pharmacists and hospital administrators meeting together. This is the heart of God seeing and using every instrument to reach His creation with His love, helping us to be the best “healthcare” workers in Israel!
The Goals of HBF
1. to CONNECT healthcare workers to each other and to strengthen them in the Lord. Many have discovered that colleagues were believers while attending regional or national HBF meetings!
2. to HELP healthcare workers enter their calling to believe and to persevere in walking in God’s ways.
3. to ENCOURAGE healthcare workers to work for Yeshua and share the Good News we have received!
4. to STIMULATE individuals and congregations to pray for the healthcare fields and its workers.
5. to SERVE the sick, the handicapped and the needy.
Many prayers have already been answered and it is encouraging to see the Lord at work in hospitals, clinics and even in government offices.
The 4 foundational pillars of HBF:
- Yeshua in the center (“The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me, Because the Lord has anointed Me To preach good tidings to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives, And the opening of the prison to those who are bound” Isaiah 61:1-3).
- Prayer: everything at HBF starts with prayer and the proclamation of the Word of God!
- Evangelism: the way we make Yeshua seen, known and believed.
- Discipleship: following and reflecting Yeshua in our lives!
Francis Grim, the founder of Healthcare Christians Fellowship International said, “More people pass through the hospitals of the world than through its churches.” HBF desires to help workers realize the privilege they have to work in a healthcare setting or to be a healthcare worker, which gives them the possibility of reaching people they never would have been able to reach otherwise. For example, some of HBF members have taken care of MKs [Members of Knesset] and foreign Prime Ministers receiving treatments in Israel.
2019-2020 HBF Activities
- Prayer groups in local healthcare institutions: 4 hospitals have regular prayer meetings (more to be established).
- Monthly Regional HBF meetings: currently in Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, Haifa and in other regions to be established.
- Weekly HBF National prayer meetings
- Weekly « HBF Hotline » for personal pastoral support and prayer
- Monthly Worship watch for the Healthcare fields of Israel in partnership with Kehilat HaCarmel, starting in September
- « Greater Europe Prayer Week for Healthcare » from January 06-11, 2020 in partnership with Healthcare Christian Fellowship International (HCFI) to be held in Haifa.
- HBF’s second “Eternal Life Support” Course, a training designed to equip and mobilize Christian/Messianic healthcare workers to be witnesses of Yeshua.
For more information and donations, contact HBF at [email protected] or +972-544886132
Like this article? Help it reach more people! Donate to Kehila News
Healthcare Believers Fellowship is the fellowship of believers in Yeshua working in the healthcare professions and institutions in Israel. It was established in 2012 after Philippe Seguin, an Israeli Registered Nurse, heard the cry of doctors and nurses working in the hospitals in Jerusalem.