Praying for the Messianic Community in Israel
1. There is an increase of how the believers in Israel are impacting the nation and that continues to cause a rise in religious opposition against them. This is clearly seen in KNI’s top 5 most read community news articles of 2017: the passing of a major founding pioneer pastor; the wounding of an IDF soldier who is also a congregational worship leader; a violent rampage of a religious mob against a new Messianic congregation in the Negev; the attempt to deny or revoke citizenship of Jewish believers; and the story of how an Israeli kindergartner created an uproar when she innocently told classmates that Yeshua is Messiah and God. PLEASE PRAY: As the witness of the believers of Israel continues to increase and impact the nation, so religious opposition and persecution will follow. Pray according to Acts 4:29: Now, Lord, consider their threats and enable your servants to speak your word with great boldness.
2. Many Bible verses declare that God is a God of justice. Proverbs 14:34, Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a reproach to any people. (Also, among others: Isaiah 61:8-9, Zechariah 7:9, Psalm 37:27-29). This is why Israel must act justly from within, in order for God’s justice to uphold her among the nations. Areas of injustice within Israel include systemic religious persecution of believers by the Interior Ministry, also tendency to treat religious persecutors who commit violent acts as not really that bad. PLEASE PRAY for God’s justice to be upheld in Israel. Pray that those who will not uphold His justice be removed from powerful government posts. Pray for recognition in Israel that free will choice is not only essential to democratic government systems, but it is also what God grants to every human being.
3. Media is a powerful way to reach Israelis who have grown up on understanding that faith in Yeshua as the Messiah is the ultimate taboo for Jews. They don’t know why, only that Jesus is taboo. That is why the new movie about the testimony of one of Israel’s longest ministering evangelists is a top priority prayer request. Just released in Israel in December, early reports from ministers across Israel is that A New Spirit is a powerful testimony of faith. It is soon to be released on DVD and potentially on movie channels in Israel. This may be where it is most viewed – in privacy rather than in movie theaters. PLEASE PRAY that God will use this movie to speak to the hearts of multitudes in Israel where exposure to the reality of our faith is rarely openly exposed. Pray also for Israeli ministries such as One for Israel and Medabrim that are powerfully using social media platforms and reaching into the privacy of Israeli homes to spread the Good News. How beautiful upon the mountains. Are the feet of him who brings good news, Who proclaims peace, Who brings glad tidings of good things, Who proclaims salvation, Who says to Zion, “Your God reigns!” (Isaiah 52:7)
Praying for Israel
The Ttop 5 hard news stories read on KehilaNews.com in 2017 gives a glimpse of the level of hunger by KNI readers for hard news as seen through the eyes of the Israeli Messianic community.
KNI’s Top 5 Most Read News Stories of 2017 in order:
1. Saudi orders Palestinian PM to accept peace with Israel by KNI Staff Nov. 14, 2017 | The only thing faster moving than alliances in the Middle East is fire through a dry forest! To know what’s going on behind the headlines related to Israel, you need not only someone in the know to break it down for you, but also someone who loves Israel like the Messiah does. Pray that international Christians experience a breakthrough in recognizing the most “reliable sources” of Israel news is from within the followers of Yeshua in Israel.
2. Confusion and anger as Greek Orthodox Church sells land in Jerusalem and across Israel by Dee Catz July 28, 2017 | There is no real estate more contested in the entire world than in the land of Israel and the issue is deeply complex. Three world religions fight over land that God has placed a higher claim on but these skirmishes will be bitterly fought to the end. Pray for the Israeli to be directed by God on all issues of holding or releasing land. (Ezekiel 11:17, Deuteronomy 12:10-11, Zechariah 14:4)
3. Israeli believers react to US recognition of Jerusalem as capital KNI Staff Dec. 10, 2017 | On almost every issue there is a wide range of diversity of thought among the Messianic community of Israel. This issue, however, received a majority agreement that it was a good thing for U.S. President Trump recognizing Jerusalem as Israel’s capital. Pray for 2018 to be a year of courage and integrity among leaders in the nations who will ally with Israel. Soon after the announcement by the U.S., several other nations indicated they would follow suit in opening their embassies in Jerusalem. Pray the talk will lead to good action. (Luke 6:45)
4. Journalist changes opinion during fact-finding trip to Israel by Dee Catz March 27, 2017 | Much of the media, as well as the church world, have believed “narratives” instead of the factual truth of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. When any individual has a love for the truth, they will see the facts that leads them to the truth. Pray that like this journalist who is a Catholic changed her mind after interviewing many in Israel, other journalists and Christians will break out of narratives into the truth. (2 Thessalonians 2:9-12)
5. The Paris Peace Conference Déjà Vu (Part 2) by Hannah Weiss Jan. 12, 2017 | The Middle East conflicts are unlike any in the world primarily because the battle with all the ungodly forces on earth against God come down to the place where it all began when God began setting up His kingdom on earth. That is why governments continually stumble, making bad choices to try to settle conflicts in the region – they fail to grasp that it is spiritual at its core. Please keep praying for the Israeli government and for your nation’s government, to make decisions that are in alignment with God’s will for the region. This will save many lives. (1 Timothy 2:1-3)
Please pray for Kehila News Israel (KNI) and all of its writing staff seeking to bring insight into the key issues concerning Israel from an Israeli Messianic Jewish perspective. Pray for KNI that our operating and writers budgets will be met in 2018 by faithful donors that God sends to us as partners in 2018. Our desire is to be able to continue producing a high quality product that educates, informs and inspires the international body of believers as well as blessing the entire Israeli Messianic community of faith. Pray for the needed funds in 2018. Thank you to all who have responded that you will come alongside us in the year ahead.