The Eagle Project was initiated by Shavei Tzion (Return to Zion) Congregation, to serve young adults in Messianic congregations throughout Israel who have completed their service in the Israel Defense Forces (IDF). This project has a number of purposes, including physical and mental rest, spiritual renewal, discipleship, fellowship and service to local communities.
The project goals are achieved through close relationships with local congregations in Israel and in Norway. And to finish, the young adults participate in the International Youth Encounter Conference with worship, testimonies and teaching.
The project was born in 2015, and it is open to all Messianic congregations in Israel. It is our prayer that the Eagle Project will bear fruit and strengthen its participants, who are the next generation of Israeli congregants.
I write to you, young men, because you are strong, and the word of God lives in you, and you have overcome the evil one. – 1 John 2:14
This July twelve young people from six different congregations in Israel took part in the project. The program lasted four weeks and took place in Norway, centered in the cities of Oslo, Bergen, Volda and Levanger. Together with local communities, we reached our goals through:
- Fellowship with local believers
- Staying with families and youth communities
- Physical rest in the outdoors, by the sea and in homes
- Making presentations about Israel to students at a local school
- Worship and prayer evenings
- Soldiers sharing their testimonies
- Bible studies and home groups
- Ministering in various congregations
- Participating in sports and hiking in the mountains. Fishing and sailing
God is working in the hearts of Israeli and Norwegian youth. We at Return to Zion Congregation will continue to seek the will of God for these young people.
Click below to watch a short video about the project.
This article originally appeared in Israel’s Restoration September 2016 Newsletter and reposted with permission.