In our last discussion, Part 1, we talked about how God’s promise to Abraham as expressed in Genesis 12 has a special clause for those who bless Israel. That as you bless Israel and the Jewish people, you are included in the promise of blessing that God poured out then and continues to pour out today.
We also talked about the continuity and proof of God’s faithfulness. Israel as a fulfillment of God’s promises is a firm and tangible reminder that God IS faithful, is a keeper of His word, and is willing to prove that in big and small ways.
The third foundational truth you can use as a guide for what on earth Israel has to do with you is this – greater riches!
Riches today and even greater riches to come!
“Now if their transgression is riches for the world and their failure is riches for the Gentiles, how much more will their fulfillment be!” (Romans 11:12). Their transgressions, their failure – in other words them not accepting their Messiah and not turning to God in righteousness just as prophesied by Isaiah (Isaiah 29; 53). And even in that, the nations have received riches – meaning salvation and life abundantly. Imagine then, what will their fulfillment mean – greater riches for the world. “For if their rejection is reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead?” (Romans 11: 15)
As a committed follower of Jesus, you have received and will continue to receive riches through God’s promise for the Jewish people and their coming salvation. As the Jewish people are restored and begin recognizing their Messiah (it’s already happening!), we will come into even greater abundance and see life from the dead. And, as discussed in Romans, this awakening happens amongst His covenant people (the Jews) through YOU! “Salvation has come to the Gentiles to make Israel envious.” (Romans 11:11)
- You have received these riches (abundant life!) because of their rejection
- And with their salvation you will receive even greater riches, even life from the dead
- They will be provoked to jealousy — through you following God wholly, acknowledging God’s unwavering promises for Israel, and committing your life to follow God and love His people “to make Israel envious”
- Next, is the salvation of Israel and the whole world
“I have posted watchmen on your walls, Jerusalem; they will never be silent day or night. You who call on the Lord, give yourselves no rest, and give him no rest till he establishes Jerusalem and makes her the praise of the earth.” – Isaiah 62: 6 & 7
- Read Romans 11 anew and this time with a perspective of understanding and receiving the promise of greater riches (life abundance, blessing on you and your household) as you support Israel first in the heart and then through prayer and any God inspired action.
- Pray for the awakening of the Jewish people both in Israel and around the world (as often as you can!).
- Ask God for a revelation of how you can be a watchman on the wall for Jerusalem and Israel as expressed through Isaiah.
This article originally appeared on FIRM, November 18, 2019, and reposted with permission.