Do not keep silent, O God! Do not hold Your peace, And do not be still, O God! For behold, Your enemies make a [ tumult; And those who hate You have lifted up their head. They have taken crafty counsel against Your people, And consulted together against Your sheltered ones. They have said, “Come, and let us cut them off from being a nation…” – Psalm 83:1-4
The latest round of fighting between Israel and Hamas has once again cost lives and many more injured on both sides, and has cost both sides an enormous amount of money that could have been used to help the many families in Israel and the Gaza Strip, who are still hurting financially because of the Covid crisis. Most of the secular media are, as is normal for them, making it look like Israel caused this outbreak of violence, inflaming anti-Semitism in many nations. I want to explain to you as I understand it, the facts behind this war, enabling you to share the truth with your family and friends who have been influenced against Israel by the bias of the media reports.
The Muslim holy month of Ramadan began in April – a lot of hateful anti-Israel prayer was going out into the spirit realm
Many Christian prayer ministries also called for intensified prayer during Ramadan – both sides of the spirit realm were pumped up with prayer – and ready to burst open, which is indeed what has happened.
During Ramadan the Supreme court of Israel was hearing the cases involving 7 homes in the East Jerusalem neighborhood of Sheikh Jarrah that have been inhabited by Arab families since 1948. A Jewish organisation had filed these cases calling for the eviction of these families for the following reasons …… watch video
1) Before the declaration of the State of Israel in 1948 these homes were legally owned and inhabited by Jewish families, who were forced to flee to safety when Jordan annexed East Jerusalem during the war of 1948.
2) Jordan placed Arab refugee families in the homes that the Jews vacated during the years that Jordan annexed the eastern side of Jerusalem.
3) The families occupying these homes have no legal right to them and have never paid rent – they are illegally occupying these homes owned by Jewish people.
The Supreme court decided to delay their decision knowing that it could create unrest and violence during Ramadan. As Ramadan unfolded violence began to break out at the Damascus Gate area and on the Temple Mount. The Israeli police knew that rocks and other items of violence were being stored inside the Mosque. There was an increased police presence at the Damascus Gate and on the Temple Mount, but purely to maintain peace and order. As the days of Ramadan went by the unrest and violence increased and the security teams need to become more forceful to keep law and order in both locations. We could see it growing more tense by the day.
On Monday afternoon two weeks ago Hamas gave Israel 1 hour to remove the security teams from the Temple Mount or face the threat of rocket attacks. Hamas followed through with their threat and began to fire rockets into Israel late Monday afternoon, thus launching this latest round of war.
As in previous conflicts with Hamas the damage and the death and injury toll is much higher on the Palestinian side, and once again the secular media is accusing Israel of using disproportionate force and being guilty of war crimes. They claim Israel is responsible for the war because of the possible eviction of these 7 families mentioned above. All of these accusations are false and preposterous for the following reasons:
1) Hamas started the war by firing missiles into Israel. Even if the situation concerning the court case and the possible evictions was legally wrong, that is no reason to start a war and fire missiles at Israeli civilians.
2) The Hamas official charter calls for the total destruction of the State of Israel. That is the reason Hamas terror organisation was created and established in Gaza.
3) Hamas and all of the other terror organisations that are attacking Israel, including Hezbollah in Lebanon, are controlled, funded and supplied by Iran. I believe that Iran directed Hamas to start this war to retaliate against Israel for the numerous attacks against Iranian assets in Syria, and the recents acts of sabotage that have severely damage Iran’s nuclear program.
4) To counter claims that Israel is using ‘disproportionate’ force causing disproportionate deaths, injuries and damage, Israel is attacking specific targets known to be terror
bases or homes and offices related to Hamas, whereas Hamas is specifically firing at civilian population centers. Israel is abiding by international law while Hamas is committing a war crime every time (4,000) that they fire a rocket at civilians. More than 600 Hamas rockets fell inside the Gaza Strip. One of the first Israeli victims was a 6 year old boy.
5) The Israeli Air Force have dropped more than 1,500 bombs on 1,000 Hamas terror sites, killing more than 240 people, at least 160 were terrorists. Hamas has fired more that 4,000 rockets at population centers. If just 10% of those Hamas rockets had hit homes in Israel the death toll would be much higher than in Gaza.
6) Those who are concerned for the well being of the children in Gaza show no concern for the Jewish children in the areas under rocket attack.
The secular media reported on the attacks against Hamas first, before mentioning the Hamas rocket attacks against Israel making it look like Israel initiated the conflict.
The secular media is also insinuating that Israel is responsible for the poverty and difficult living conditions that many families in Gaza have to endure. The real reason that these Gazan families live in these conditions is that the millions of dollars and euros given by international governments and aid organisations to improve the living conditions in Gaza, are taken by Hamas to pay for rockets and to build the extensive and sophisticated tunnel system for the sole purpose of attacking Israel.
Now you have some solid facts to defend Israel’s action to those who are accusing Israel of disproportionate aggression in Gaza.
Please continue to pray for GOD to open the eyes of all who oppose Israel’s right to the land that GOD promised to Abraham and the right of Israel to defend their possession of all of that land. Pray that the people of Gaza who know that they would be much better off living in peace with Israel, would rise up an eject every Hamas terrorist from Gaza.
This article originally appeared on Out of Zion Ministries, May 21, 2021, and reposted with permission.